Becoming an Innersource Teaching Assistant (TA)
The use of Teaching Assistants (TAs) at Innersource events greatly improves the quality of training we offer and allows Eden Energy Medicine students and practitioners to hone their craft with hands-on experience within the EEM atmosphere. Being a TA at an EEM class is an excellent way to enhance your EEM training. Working local events is also a great way to build your practice if you live in the area of the event.
TAs are used at evening, 1-day, and weekend classes. These include Practicums, Donna's Advanced Classes, EEMCP Foundations Classes, and EM 101/102 classes. The Foundations Classes and EM 101/102 classes provide many new opportunities for TAs.
Selecting TAs for Events
We use a mix of new and experienced TAs at each event. We strive to allow as many people as possible the opportunity to be a TA and always try to bring new TAs to events.
Our Foundations and EM 101/102 teachers receive first priority as they get students for their classes from these events. Then people local to the event are given the next priority as they can get to the event more economically and do follow-up classes, study groups, and provide sessions.
A limited number of people can be accepted as TAs for each workshop. Most organizations have a specified number of TAs allowed. So we often have more people apply than we can use. Please do not become discouraged if you are not selected for an event. Not being invited to one event does not mean you will not be invited to the next one.
Requests to work an event should be sent to our TA Coordinator at least four months prior to the event. The selection process starts three months from the events. Notifying our TA Coordinator less than four months from an event reduces your chance to work as the selection process may already be complete.
The Benefits of Being a TA
- The opportunity for additional learning and professional development by experiencing Donna and other EEM teachers in action and through further involvement with the Eden Energy Medicine community.
- The opportunity to be part of the TA team, to work closely with others, and to experience the teaching side of EEM.
- Waived tuition to the class at which you work for most classes. This arrangement provides an excellent path for people's professional development, and it allows us to keep our fees lower for students.
- An experience with like-minded individuals who care about personal worth, value, health, and happiness.
Applying to be a TA
There is a one-time application process.
- The minimum requirement to become a TA is that you have completed the Foundations Classes. At this level you can TA Innersource basic classes and EM 101 and 102 classes.
- To be a TA at Foundations Classes you must have an active status as an EEM Certified Practitioner (EEMCP Year 2 Graduate), Clinical Practitioner (EEMCP Year 3 Graduate), or Advanced Practitioner (EEMCP Year 4 Graduate).
- You also must be up to date with Innersource regarding finances.
- There is now a listing for Energy Psychology (EP) TAs. To be on this listing you need to be using Energy Psychology regularly in your practice and must either…
- Let our TA Coordinator know that you wish to also be listed on the EP Directory if you are a current EEM TA, or
- Complete the TA application process and note that you would like to be an EP TA as well as an EEM TA, or simply an EP TA.
How to Apply
Please fill out the online application.
- Ask your Foundations teacher or one of your teachers from EEMCP Year 2 to send a letter recommending you as a TA to our TA Coordinator at [email protected]. Please have your name in the subject line. The focus of this letter needs to be why the teacher thinks you would make a good TA and what the teacher sees as your strengths and areas you might need to develop.
- If you would like to be a TA at Foundations Classes, be sure your listing and photo are on the EEM Certified Practitioner Directory. Your application will not be finalized until you are listed. There is no fee for the listing. Go here to get listed.
Questions can be directed to our TA Coordinator at [email protected].